This has become one of my absolute favorite dishes. It is perfect for summer, or anytime of year. A great side dish to bring to a BBQ. And super healthy!
I stole this one from my friend Dawn. She always makes the yummiest things.
1 C quinoa 2 C broth (I use veggie broth by Celifibr) 2 C frozen edamame(already shelled) 1 t. lemon zest 2 T lemon juice 3 T olive oil 2 T fresh chopped tarragon 3 oz. jarred diced roasted red peppers
1. Toast quinoa over medium heat in a pan, stir often until crackles, darkens and becomes aromatic...about 5 min. Then put in a colander and rinse with water thoroughly.
2. Meanwhile, bring broth to a boil, add cleaned quinoa, return to a boil, simmer covered for 8 minutes.
3. Remove lid without disturbing the quinoa, and add the edamame. Cover and continue for another 8 min.
4. While that is cooking, whisk the lemon zest, juice, oil and tarragon in a bowl.
5. Add dressing to quinoa once it is done, and toss in red peppers.
My friend also adds some chopped walnuts, but I prefer my food nut-free. Enjoy!