It may be summer, but it is always a good time for soup. And a fresh carrot soup is no exception. This carrot soup is simple and tasty dinner treat for summer or anytime of year.
Buckwheat biscuits make a delicious accompaniment, with their earthy and slightly sweet flavor.
1. In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat and add the potatoes, carrots, coriander and ginger stir to coat and heat for 4 minutes.
2. Add broth, bring to a boil and simmer covered, until carrots and potatoes are cooked through, about 30-35 minutes.
3. Transfer batches to a blender or use a hand-mixer to blend soup until thick and smooth.
4. Transfer soup back to stove, add yogurt and stir until blended, season with salt and pepper.
5. Serve warm.
1. While the soup is cooking, prepare the biscuits, pre-heat oven to 425'
2. Combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, and baking powder in a large mixing bowl
3. Work the butter into the flour mixture with your hands, until the mixture is the size of peas
4. Slowly stir in the buttermilk until mixture comes together.
5. Form eight 3-inch wide biscuits, about 3/4-inch thick with your hands. Place on a cookie sheet and bake for 20 minutes, or until browning.
Subscribe via email: